797 Extended I-94 shows old date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 797 Extended I-94 shows old date

I have my I-94 valid till August 2018 and my 797 got extended till Nov 2020 , My question is should i update my I-94 before August 2018 even though I have my 797 extended . Also on the bottom left corner of the 797 form there is a different I-94 record # is this in anyway useful for my stay.

Originally posted by shr448 View Post
    I have my I-94 valid till August 2018 and my 797 got extended till Nov 2020 , My question is should i update my I-94 before August 2018 even though I have my 797 extended . Also on the bottom left corner of the 797 form there is a different I-94 record # is this in anyway useful for my stay.
    If you had extension of status approved with your petition extension, you would have gotten an I-797A, and on a corner of that is a detachable stub that is your new paper I-94. This supersedes any previous I-94s you had (you were probably looking at the electronic I-94 you got when you entered; that is now invalid because you got a new I-94). That new I-94 is the only I-94 you should be using from now on.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X