Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Working with a new employer during severance period

Hi All,

Please clarify if my situation would cause any problems for me now and in future.

I was working for Company A full time and got laid off by them in Jan 2018. So, I am in severance period for next 4 months.
    "Company A informed me that they will hold my H1 visa till the end of severance period OR till I get a new job with a new employer."

During the time I worked for Company A, they have filed my PERM and before applying for I140, I got laid off. Since I have only 10 months left in my H1B visa(5 y 2m completed) now and Company A is ready to file my I140 if I get a new job offer within Company A, I am trying to join Company A in a different department.

And I am looking for other job offers also (if I can't get into Company A again). I got a new job offer and this new employer Company B is ready to do my H1B transfer. Their payroll will start in the mid of April when I start working for them. Company B has promised that they will start my PERM asap.

My questions are,
    1) Will Company A come to know about the H1 transfer process initiated by Company B for me? Should I inform them that Company B is processing a H1B for me?
    2) Will this cause any problems for me if I get an offer with Company A again?

Basically, I wish to get into Company A again so I can just do my I140 straight away and I got 2 months for that from now. If this is not working out, Company B will start my PERM and if I am lucky, it will be approved before my H1B expires. I am trying to analyse this situation and see what kind of issues I have to face in future.

Please help.
    Last edited by rsj0331; 04-04-2018, 01:26 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X