Switched company after having an I140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switched company after having an I140

Hello all, I switched companies awhile back. I had a valid i140 from the last company (and i was in the previous company for more than 6 months after approval). The date is nowhere close to current EB2 processing date (so no chance of it being current anytime in near future). Had a few questions

a.) my H1b expires sometime next year and i know we need a valid i140 in order to file for extensions. Does that i140 need to filed by the h1b extension filing company (or can my current company file for h1b extension on basis of the i140 filed by the previous company)?

b.) If h1b extension can be applied (on bases of already filed i140), is there any value on refiling the GC application from the current company? I assume this will be necessary is priority date is close to being current but as i mentioned, thats nowhere in near future.

your new company will have to file a new I-140 for you. the only value of your old green card application is the priority date, in which you can keep using for your new application.

once a new I-140 has been filed, your visa can be extended by a year if it's still pending. visa can be extended by 3 years if I-140 is approved

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X