• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H4 COS using I539 (US Filing)

Hi All,

My F1 OPT expiry Date - June 8 2018
    OPT Expiry + 60 Days Grace Period Date - Aug 7, 2018
    My Lawyers applied for my COS from F1 to H4 on July 24, 2018
    I have not yet received my Case Number (Notice of Action Receipt)

In this scenario, if I do not receive my Notice of Action Receipt before my 60 Days Grace period ends, do I have to leave United States or can I still stay since the application went to USCIS before end of Grace Period?

Thanks in Advance

Originally posted by ChinmayT View Post
    Hi All,

My F1 OPT expiry Date - June 8 2018
    OPT Expiry + 60 Days Grace Period Date - Aug 7, 2018
    My Lawyers applied for my COS from F1 to H4 on July 24, 2018
    I have not yet received my Case Number (Notice of Action Receipt)

In this scenario, if I do not receive my Notice of Action Receipt before my 60 Days Grace period ends, do I have to leave United States or can I still stay since the application went to USCIS before end of Grace Period?

Thanks in Advance
    You can stay in the US if you are sure that USCIS received the application before your status ended. When you get the receipt, you can check that the "received date" is before your status ended.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank You Newacct for your quick response.

I have the DHL Tracking update stating it was delivered and signed by a receiver at Phoenix Office.
      I also have a copy of the Application sent by lawyers to the USCIS Office.

Can these documents be used to stay beyond the Grace Period in case I do not receive Notice Of Action Receipt on Time?
      Is there any other way I can get the Case Number?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChinmayT View Post
        Thank You Newacct for your quick response.

I have the DHL Tracking update stating it was delivered and signed by a receiver at Phoenix Office.
        I also have a copy of the Application sent by lawyers to the USCIS Office.

Can these documents be used to stay beyond the Grace Period in case I do not receive Notice Of Action Receipt on Time?
        Is there any other way I can get the Case Number?

Thanks.
        None of those are authoritative. It's the "received date" on the receipt (which you don't have yet) that counts. So it's a little of a gamble. But the "received date" shouldn't differ from when it was delivered by more than a day or two.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X