Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Interview after 176 days overstay

Hi,

I am in this bad situation, I am having valid I-94 valid till March-2019, My wife and kids traveled with my I-797 but with my previous employer stamping, which was valid till April-2018,

Somehow we missed that, My wife and Kids I-94 was given till April-2018, and we realized this mistake couple of days back, I immediately arranged my family to travel back to india, and schedules Visa Interview in next week.

Wanted to know if anyone gone through with similar situation,
    Do i need to submit any specific document / Form ?

Any possibility of getting new stamping for my wife, based on her over-stay record ?

I already metioned overstay details in DS-160.

Please let me know your experience / guide me.

Thanks

anyone attended visa interview with overstay history ? It will be helpful for us if someone share the experience .

Comment

I-94 corrected within the US

Originally posted by sah1234 View Post
      anyone attended visa interview with overstay history ? It will be helpful for us if someone share the experience .
      Hi, we had similar experience.
      We had I797 valid till May 2018, stamped visa for the same.
      Extended the stay with in US and got new I797/I-94 till Jun 2019 (for H1 and H4).
      Wife traveled to India and returned in Feb 2018 (with old stamping, valid till May 2018, but new I797 valid till Jun 2019). At POE, she forgot to show new I797
      and no date was written in passport.
      We immediately suspected and checked latest I-94 online, and it showed admit till date as May 2018 (as per stamping date in passport).

We spoke with local CBP officer and explained about the confusion regarding I797/I94 validity. They asked us to email the extension approval I797 which is valid till Jun 2019. They corrected the I94 accordingly, changed the admit date to Jun 2019. Online I94 has reflected the changes.

We did this within 1 month of her entry.

Not sure if it helps, but there was a possibility of correcting it within US also (since you already have approved I797 which have I-94 information, only issue is it was not shown at POE).

During interview, If your wife shows I797/I94 with start date before the date mentioned in I94 at POE, it may be looked at as innocent mistake. (Just my opinion).

Thanks
      Praveen
      Last edited by dornalpr; 10-02-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sah1234 View Post
        Hi,

I am in this bad situation, I am having valid I-94 valid till March-2019, My wife and kids traveled with my I-797 but with my previous employer stamping, which was valid till April-2018,

Somehow we missed that, My wife and Kids I-94 was given till April-2018, and we realized this mistake couple of days back, I immediately arranged my family to travel back to india, and schedules Visa Interview in next week.

Wanted to know if anyone gone through with similar situation,
        Do i need to submit any specific document / Form ?

Any possibility of getting new stamping for my wife, based on her over-stay record ?

I already metioned overstay details in DS-160.

Please let me know your experience / guide me.

Thanks
        Sah1234,

Could you please share your wife's visa interview experience. We are in a similar situation with the overstay being for over a month.
        If you could tell us the kind of details/questions asked by the Visa Officer during your wife's visa interview would greatly help us prepare.

Comment

Sah1234,

Could you please share your wife's visa interview experience. We are in a similar situation with the overstay being for over a month.
          If you could tell us the kind of details/questions asked by the Visa Officer during your wife's visa interview would greatly help us prepare.

Comment

Hi sah 1234

Could you please share your wife's visa experience..we are in a same situation now...

Comment

Sah 1234

Did your wife visa got approved ? If yes ..how many days it took.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X