Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on when to send wife for H-4 visa stamping

Hello everyone,
    I am caught in a strange situation and need your advice in order to take the next steps.
    My situation:
    I was laid of by my company in August end and they have kept me on payroll til 28th oct 2018. My wife went to India for L-1b stamping but got denied. Her h-4 visa stamp is expired so in order to come back she needs the stamp. She was working in another state with H-4 EAD. I have found a new employer and they are working on my H-1B transfer right now and they plan to file it by the end of next week.

There are conflicting ideas that I have got from two separate attorneys

1. My wife's employer suggested to schedule a H-4 visa interview appointment asap and preferably before 28th oct so I can use the same I-797
    2. My new employer's attorney said that I should wait for them to file for the extension and take the filing receipt, H-1b transfer petition and then send my wife for stamping along with old I-797

Based on this I wanted to know what I could do to bring my wife back. Visa transfers are taking long time and she maybe stuck in India for more than 6-8 months which I am trying to avoid.

You inputs are appreciated

Thank you

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X