Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4/EAD renewal when H1B amendment is withdrawn

Hi,

I am on H1B and my spouse on H4. Both our visas expired in Sept 2018. In May 2018 we had filed for my H1B amendment/extension as I had to move to different work location within USA. At the same time my spouse's H4/EAD extension request was also filed. I came back to original work location in July 2018 so I withdrew my earlier H1B amendment/extension request and then filed a new one in premium processing. Now my H1B got approved but we completely forgot to think about how this (first the withdrawal of the original amendment and then filing the new one) would impact the H4/EAD case. The status for H4/EAD cases still shows "case was received". Do we have to inform USCIS that the previous H1B case (with which the H4/EAD was filed/tied-to) was withdrawn and then a new one was filed and approved so they should link the H4/EAD case with this new one and not the old one (which is withdrawn) ? Or will USCIS be aware of this already? We are still waiting on H4 extension approval and also the EAD approval as of 1st Jan (7 months since the original cases were filed back in May 2018). Please advise

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X