X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer/Extension - 240 days rule

Hi

Greetings!!

I changed my employer in feb2018, and the new employer field the transfer/extension. I was having a valid visa upto June2018 with the previous employer. There is no status update for my case. What is the legal amount of period I can stay in US?

I was informed, 240days is the period I can stay in US (and work as well) from the date of my i-94 expiry which happens to be mid of Feb2019. What would be my status if I continue to stay after Feb in US? Am I legal to continue working?

Does 240days rule apply for H1B transfers?

Please clarify. Thanks.
    Kedar

After 240 days without an approval, working is not allowed. The following video talks more about these facts -

This video talks about the facts you need to be aware of while you are on a job hunt in the US and on H1B visa. This explain the process you must know, docum...

Comment

Hi

Thanks Holabro, but it doesn’t explain my scenario. I am informed by HR 240days is not applicable in case of transfer. Which is why I am more concerned and posted those Qs and my situation.

Originally posted by holabro View Post
      After 240 days without an approval, working is not allowed. The following video talks more about these facts -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1qybilNrgk&t=4s

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X