Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping with DUI

Hi All,

I have read lot of forums and threads online in regards to H1B stamping with DUI. Most of them ended up getting VISA post 221G and medical evaluation, I have seen threads where people post the details and then leave the thread unattended post they mention they got the call from embassy to submit the passport. Well I will be going to India in March and will end up going for VISA stamping for H1B. Just to add the context to everyone, I have been in states since 2011, had DUI in 2013 (ALCOHOL only, no accident or injury). Completed MADD and 1st offender program in 2013 itself, completed my 3 yrs of informal probation in 2016 and finally got the case expunged in 2016.

The last time I went to India was in 2013 post my arrest and before my judgement came so while coming back I was taken to secondary inspection and was admitted to US after few question related to my arrest. Nothing major, though I was scared when they asked me to go through secondary inspection. The officer did told me we will be always taking you for secondary inspection till you become a GC holder.

Anyways cutting the story short, this forum I would like to use as posting my experience throughout the tenure of going to India and taking H1B Interview. I have done extensive search online and few members have posted their experience as well but nothing latest. So hopefully this will help some friends out here if they are in the same situation.

Please keep and eye on this thread for more information.

Hi,

I am following this thread. Any latest news?

Comment

This is one of the problems of H1-B visa is that anything that you do wrong will follow you. So sorry to hear that you are getting this treatment. I really feel is unfair.

Good news is that if you file for a green card and end up getting it you should not get second inspection.
      The problem is that to apply for GC this issue will come up in your documentation and your interview. Make sure that you get a lawyer when you apply for GC.
      EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
      - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
      - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
      - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
      - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
      - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
      - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
      - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
      - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
      - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
      (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

Yes, I am back in USA and my VISA was approved. Please refer to this post for details.

Comment

i am following this thread.

I would like to know more details about the medical test.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X