Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B withdrawal

Hi,

I'm Vasanth, a student at UIC. I graduate this August 4th and was hoping to start my OPT from October. Meantime one of the companies filed for a change in status of my visa, from F1 to H1 without my knowledge and approval, even before the interview. That was a mistake with their internal legal department. I found this out when I applied for my OPT and my Office of International Services couldnt proceed with processing because of this. I asked them to withdraw the H1-B application before it was approved, which they did! The reason being I wasnt sure if I would join this company or if I would get an offer. Now I'm really concerned about the implications of this incident. Do you think there will be implications on my 1)Future H1 processing 2)Green card processing. Please advise..

Thanks,
    Vasanth

If you get your OPT; you can leave this incident behind and forget all about it; else you would have to do the following:
    1. Request the co. which filed for your H1B to provide you with the withdrawl confirmation number.
    2. Take it to the office that files for your OPT and ask them to attach it to the application.

If you do not have the H1B papers, your status as an F1 remains unaffected.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X