Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very urgent - immigration status

Hi,

My current I-94 is expiring on 1st of october and i have sent docs to attorney for visa extension thru my employer.
    in the mean time my parents have planned to visit here and have a visa appointment in october itself. I would need to send them sponsor ship documents for which i need to provide proof that i am on status.

As per this website it says, its ok to send copy of petition when the visa is expired. However my attorney says in that case thre is chance of visa denial for the visitor as copy of petition though guarantees temporary status, it can not be used to prove that sponsor will be in status while the visitor is planning to come. Hence attorney is saying i need to wait for visa approval notice to send the sponsor docuemnts.

My employer is not willing to consider premium processing. So I am wondering is it really needed to send approval notice, based on which i can ask them to do premium procesisng ofcourse for which i would hv to pay for.

Thanks in advance

Regarding filing premium process, it really isn't necessary depending on wher ethey are filing. Curently, I file through Vermont Processing Center, and it's only taking 3 weeks total to receive original approval back in the mail. Receipt notice has been coming within 10 days.

Comment

U need to send the new approval notice

It is better to send ur new approval to parents.

Comment

Whenever possibve, you should send a copy of your current H-1B approval notice to your parents so they can use when applying to come in as visitors.

If your H-1B expired and you have the receipt notice for the new filing, that should work as well because it is proof of your status to remain and work in the US while your new H-1B is pending.

Andrew

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X