Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Urgent

Hi

Myself (H1B) and my wife (H4) planning to go Canada to get our visa re-stamped on Sep 18th 2006. Our current Visa with my old employer A is valid till Oct 27 2006.

Also i got my approval H1 papers for my new employer B

Now my question is, if our visa get cancelled or rejected in Canada, can we come back to US with my old employer A valid visa which is till Oct 27 2006 and with our new employer approval papers?

Pls need ur help and it would be appreciated.

Thanx

Saravanan

Saravanan,

That is an interesting question.

Breaking it down, if you have an approved H-1B for Company B and an unexpired H-1B from Company A, that visa may still be used with the approval notice from Company B.

If you are working with Company B now, you may work and travel with your Company B approval notice and the Company A H-1B visa.

If you travel to Canada in order to obtain a new H-1B visa to match the duration on your approval notice for Company B, and that visa is denied, you should still be abel to return to the US with the unexpired approval notice for Company B and the unexpired H-1B visa you have now from Company A. If the new visa is denied, that should not invalidate your currnet visa and should not invalidate your Company B approval notice UNLESS the denial is based on issues about your H-1B validity. (Even still that issue should be sent back to the Service Center for review)

Regards,

Andrew M. Wilson

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X