Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i change my job during my H1B processing

Hi Friends,

I am new to this process, need immidiate suggestions from anyone of you.
    My petition for H1B is approved and i took consulate interview slot on Feb2007.
    I want to change my Company/Job.

Is it going to effect in the consulate interview?

(Is it the details in the petition documents are covered with our previous employment?)

Thanks in advance

H-1Bs are employer and position specific. You cannot use an H-1B approval for one company and obtain a visa when you plan to work at a totally different company. If you do not wish to work for the company listed in your approval notice, you should not go to your visa appointmenmt as if you will.

If you wish to work for a different employer, you need to file H-1B paperwork for that employer. Be very mindful of the H-1B cap though. If this is your first H-1B, and you do not yet have the visa and I-94 to match that H-1B approval, you may not be able to file and extension and may fall under the H-1B cap now. If you have not entered the US in H-1B status, you may be in trouble for the cap because a new filing would not be an extension.

Regards,

Andrew M. Wilson

Comment

Can i change my job during my H1B processing

Thanks a lot Andrew for quick response,

Sorry, i think i failed in communicating properly.

My Visa petition is from US employer, i am willing to work with them.
      At present i am working in india. I want to change my present company in india. is it still going to effect?. As my present company in india is not initiated the visa petition.
      so i want to know issues in this regard.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Comment

You can change your company its not a problem. Better go to interview with latest company documents and pay stuffs.

Thanks
        yours.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X