Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I enter US for the first time

Hi,

I got my H1B stamping from India which starts from Oct 1.

How many days in advance I can enter US.

If I want to come to US by September 10th can I do that?

Hi,

You can enter US only ten days before your application start date. This is not legal advice. Please make sure with some legal people.

Thanks
    abcde

Comment

U can only enter US after 1st OCT

I dont know if u have enter US earlier....but when u land in US u will go through Immigratrion on the airport...there they stamp I94 on your visa...and allow u to enter in to that country.

If u try to enter US before your visa starts...immigration officer will cross question u for your early entry...and they have power to send you back to your home country in the next flight....

so safe way is to enter US after 1st oct.

HTH
      Neeraj

Comment

Q. My H1B Employment Petition (USCIS Form I-797) shows an employment start date of October 1, 2006 (or any other date), how early can I apply for an H1B visa at the Consulate?

A. You may apply for an H1B visa as soon as you receive the Form I-797. However your entry to the US is restricted to 10 days prior to the start date as noted in the Form I-797, unless you are already working on an H1B visa and have applied for a revalidation.

Excerpts from US Consulate's site in Calcutta. See Question 21

Comment

Early entry to USA on H1B Visa before actual employment start date

Hi frds thanks for the message.

I got my visa on July 2006 and the issue date mentioned in my Visa stamping is 12 July 2006 and expiry date is 30th Oct 2009.

Still can't I enter USA if I want on 10th of Septemer??

If I want to enter USA on 21st September, can I do that?? Since some body told me 10 days in advance we can enter USA for the first time??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X