Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt regarding Fees paid with Misprinted [sex M instead of F] passport

Good morning..

I am planning for H1 B and H4 visa interview together. But I have come across one problem. I applied for my daughter's passport and received it. I paid the fees to HDFC bank for all of us. Then I found out that the sex in my daughter's passport was misprinted as 'M' instead of 'F'. I gave back for correction. They said the passport number will change.
    The issue is As I have paid the fees for the daughter's old passport number [which is misprinted], have I to pay the fees again to HDFC bank for VFS services with daughter's new passport number. I have not yet received the daughter's corrected passport.

Is there any way I can use the same fees for my daughter's interview or I have to pay the fees again..

I don't have the old passport as it was fresh [new], passport officer took it into their custody and said you will get new passport, This is of no use to you.

Due to this I haven't taken a date for the interview. Should I talk to Mumbai Consulate about this matter. should I take interview date with old passport number receipt or wait for new passport and then take the interview date.

It would be a great help from your side if you can draw out conclusion for me. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Nilesh
    Last edited by dhomse; 09-09-2006, 04:54 PM.

Passport Questions

I am planning for H1 B and H4 visa interview together. But I have come across one problem. I applied for my daughter's passport and received it. I paid the fees to HDFC bank for all of us. Then I found out that the sex in my daughter's passport was misprinted as 'M' instead of 'F'. I gave back for correction. They said the passport number will change.
    The issue is As I have paid the fees for the daughter's old passport number [which is misprinted], have I to pay the fees again to HDFC bank for VFS services with daughter's new passport number. I have not yet received the daughter's corrected passport.

[COLOR="red"]Is there any way I can use the same fees for my daughter's interview or I have to pay the fees again

---- The fees once paid fo a visa interview appointment is valid for one year even if you change your Passport. There is no need to do anything except relax and attend the interview on the specified date. On teh cay of teh intereview present both the Passports to the prexcreening officer and also to teh VO and if any question does arise just tell briefly about the mistake and they will accomodate your request

---- These are common problems and one need not ne disturbed about them

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X