H1 Transfer - Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer - Urgent

I am on H1 of company(A) and started a new job with compan B(2days back). The employer of company B asked me if i m eligible to work in usa and i told him i have H1B work permit. I started work and gave in all my paper works. I think my employer doesn't know about the H1B transfer rules. Do you think i should just continue to work for this company or inform my employer that he needs to file a petition for me or is it too late since i've already started working - i am afraid i may loose my job with this. NOTE: i got married to a green card holder and have filed my green card based on it.

H1b

I am on H1 of company(A) and started a new job with compan B(2days back). The employer of company B asked me if i m eligible to work in usa and i told him i have H1B work permit. I started work and gave in all my paper works. I think my employer doesn't know about the H1B transfer rules. Do you think i should just continue to work for this company or inform my employer that he needs to file a petition for me or is it too late since i've already started working - i am afraid i may loose my job with this. NOTE: i got married to a green card holder and have filed my green card based on it

---- How did you start work at company B? Haven't they applied applied for the transfer or is the name of company B not on the H1 B approval notice. What do you mean by I think my employer doesn't know about the H1B transfer rules and inform my employer that he needs to file a petition.

You need to clarify these issues before even expecting a response

Subramanya

Comment

Since i already applied for green card i wasn' sure if i can work in companyB with my ComapnyA h1B. CompanyB is a small family owned business. So didn't ask many question. My H1b is still under companyA. Company B asked me to join them without reviewing my paper work. As i said its only been 4 days of work. I am thinking about talking to HR first thing tommorrow morning and telling them exactly whats going on. Other option just continue as is?????

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X