Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Visa approved

Hi,

My brother's H-1B visa has been approved. He plans to enter US in May 2007. His H-1B started from October 2006. Will that be a probelm.

Please advise.

Thanks

H1 Approval

My brother's H-1B visa has been approved. He plans to enter US in May 2007. His H-1B started from October 2006. Will that be a probelm.

---- Did your brother get the Visa issued and affixed on his Passport or only the H1 (I-797) approval notice has come thru.

---- If he plans to come to US in May 2007 when the start date is Oct. 2006, that is a matter between your brother and the employer

Subramanya

Comment

Mr. Subramanya,

Thanks. My brother got his visa stamped.

My question is will there be a problem at immigration if he comes in May 2007 eventhough his H-1 started from October 2006.

Is there any specific time period before which one has to be in US after his
      H-1B starts.

Regards

Comment

H1 Visa approval

Thanks. My brother got his visa stamped.

My question is will there be a problem at immigration if he comes in May 2007 eventhough his H-1 started from October 2006.

Is there any specific time period before which one has to be in US after his
        H-1B starts.

---- Ther is no specific time period as that solely depends on the terms of the employer and your brother

---- At the POE the immigration offcier will (may) ask the reason for the delay. Your brother has to be prepared to give a convincing answer

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X