Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H4 Visa

Hello all,
    I have been offered to work for a company in the U.S and they are going to process my H1. They got back to me last week saying that earliest they can apply is april '07 and earliest i can travel to U.S is Oct '07. Please advice if there is an alternate way for me to apply and why is it taking so long.

Thanks

H1 issues

I have been offered to work for a company in the U.S and they are going to process my H1. They got back to me last week saying that earliest they can apply is april '07 and earliest i can travel to U.S is Oct '07. Please advice if there is an alternate way for me to apply and why is it taking so long.

---- Hard facts isnt' it. It takes so long -- that is the time of processing. If the process is completed earlier then you are very lucky person

Subramanya

Comment

H1B Quota and start date for a fisical year

The reason for the delay in your case is:

New fiscal Year H1B quota starts from April 15th i.e any company can apply for H1B only from this date. And normally in the last couple years the quota of 65K Visas is reached by end of April or end of May. For the fisical year 2006 the cap was reached on May 26th. That means no H1B cases after that will be entertained.

Next if your company applies for the H1B during this time and if it is approved then you are eligible to work only from October of that Fiscal year. There is no way you can change this date.

Hope this will answer your qtns. GoodLuck!!!!

Comment

H1-B visa quotas

Thanks Palak.... that's exactly what i was looking for.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X