Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 to h1 transfer

Hi,

I came in Usa on H4 visa in June 2006.I am in usa right now.I am planning to apply for H1 this year.My ques is:

1. When my visa status will be changed from H4 to H1? ---On the day I get H1 approval notice or When I stamped my H1 B visa or from 1st oct,07

2.Is it mandatory to do H1 stamping before starting work in usa?

If ans of ques 2 is yes,then

Can I do stamping anytime or is there any specific time limit for stamping and for starting work after getting H1 B
    approval notice.

If ans of ques 2 is no ,then

Is it compulsory to start my poject/work form oct 2007 ?

H1 issues

I came in Usa on H4 visa in June 2006.I am in usa right now.I am planning to apply for H1 this year.My ques is:

1. When my visa status will be changed from H4 to H1? ---On the day I get H1 approval notice or When I stamped my H1 B visa or from 1st oct,07
    ---- On the day you received your approval notice and the start date mentioned on the approval notice

---- If you do not receive a I-94 attached to the approval notice then you may have to go out of the country, get a Visa issued and affixed on your Passport and then enter US

Can I do stamping anytime or is there any specific time limit for stamping and for starting work after getting H1 B approval notice.

---- You have to get your Visa issued before you start working as you may not have a SSN for working and subsequently you may not be paid your wages

---- It may not be compulsory to start work in Oct 2007, but you should get a Visa by then and enter US. Starting to work in Oct '07 or later is purely dependent on you and the employer and the agreement between you both

Subramanya

Comment

Work Start date

Thank you for the reply.
      Let me write what I have understood,
      If I get I-94 with H1B approval notice, I dont need to go out to get Visa stamp on my passport before the start date mentioned on the approval notice.
      In that case,
      can I apply for SSN producing approval notice and employment letter to start work?
      Or Else,
      Do I have a compulsion to go back to home country(other country) to get Visa stamped? Is it necessary for SSN application?

Thanks,

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
        If I get I-94 with H1B approval notice, I dont need to go out to get Visa stamp on my passport before the start date mentioned on the approval notice.
        In that case,
        can I apply for SSN producing approval notice and employment letter to start work?
        Or Else,
        Do I have a compulsion to go back to home country(other country) to get Visa stamped? Is it necessary for SSN application?

---I do not have real experience on this. But the information I have, u can do it without stamping. u can keep working for some time. if u need to go out of us .. then u need stamping. so My conclusion is that u do not need stamping for work in US

Comment

H4 to H1

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- On the day you received your approval notice and the start date mentioned on the approval notice

---- If you do not receive a I-94 attached to the approval notice then you may have to go out of the country, get a Visa issued and affixed on your Passport and then enter US

Can I do stamping anytime or is there any specific time limit for stamping and for starting work after getting H1 B approval notice.

---- You have to get your Visa issued before you start working as you may not have a SSN for working and subsequently you may not be paid your wages

---- It may not be compulsory to start work in Oct 2007, but you should get a Visa by then and enter US. Starting to work in Oct '07 or later is purely dependent on you and the employer and the agreement between you both

Subramanya
          Hi Subramanya
          Thank you for the reply.
          In that case,
          Or Else,

Thanks,

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
            In that case,

---- Yes, apply for the SSN producing the approval notice and the attached I-94. They normally do not ask for the employment letter

Or Else,

---- Once again, if you do not receive the I-94 then you have to outside the coutnry to a US Consulate for teh Visa and the subsequent process

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X