Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to Verify the Authenticity of An Employment Offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Verify the Authenticity of An Employment Offer?

Hi all,

I am Filipino residing in the Philippines, I was emailed by a certain Paul.R from Texas offering me an IT position for an IT company at Irving Texas. I did necessary actions to know whether the company exists, checked their website, I even asked a friend of mine from the US to call the company and the person and all turned just fine. The company's telephone number is registered, the person who emailed me is really connected with the company but the thing is he is asking me to pay $1500 as their assurance that I will be staying for their company for atleast 1 year but will be returned to me after my 1year stay with them. the said amount will be used to process my H1B Visa. The employer is willing to shoulder other amounts exceeding $1500 including airfare and relocation expences.

My concerns are:
    1) although i will not throw them a single cent unless they proved me their authenticity but is this a legal recruiting process to ask an applicant to give any amount?
    2) how can i validate the authenticity of the job and the employer's capability of providing me a job in the US? I am currently employed for a well-compensating multi-national semicon company and I don't wanna just drop it for a very promising job abroad only to find out that it is just a fraud.
    3) if this was a fraud, what agency in the US can I report this so that such things will come to an end?

As you might have known, there are lots of fraudulent job offers proliferated recently over the internet promising good and well-compensating jobs but only exploit and desperate the applicants. Please help me. I am not that sure if I can post here the details of the company and the person but you can email me at [email protected] for more info.

thanks a lot.
    Jonyago

Re: Jonyago

Hi jonyago,

1) it is not a legal recruiting process.
    2) you just cannot validate for 100 percent sure...but can do so preliminary checking...as you had done already. you will have to believe...... BLINDLY
    3) you can contact USCIS.

Do not choose to go with a body shopper or a consultant. Instead try approaching pure development firms. or else stick with your present employer..
    as you are well-compensated.
    Last edited by Madmox; 03-10-2007, 01:44 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X