Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

send by company, L or H1- how about my family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send by company, L or H1- how about my family?

Hi,

I am happy to will be send by a German company to USA for 2 years. I don't know what kind of visa I should apply (company said up to me). There is L visa and the H1B visa which are suitable for me.
    But for the L visa, I am not employed long enough-the rule is to work for the transfer-company for at least one year before visa application. But I will start to work in Germany in July and should go to USA in January 2008.
    For the H1B visa is the problem that the company is not in USA and I am employed in Germany. So what to do? Which visa is the right one?

The next and maybe the biggest problem is that I want to bring my family to there-but my wife is Chinese. Sure, she has a green card for Germany but I have heard lot of bad stories about Chinese and visa applications for US. As I know she can get the L2 or H1-4 visa because of the spouse rule. But who knows? I hope we cane arrange all in Germany (US embassy, Chinese consulate) and will not need to go to her homeland!
    Next to this my son will come with us-but he is German and it should be not the problem.

Thanks for your advises
    Thomas

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X