Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - No Weeding Pictures

Hi,

My wife is planning to go for H4 stamping in India.
    Please share your expereince If you have successful stamping or any advice that can be useful to us.

I went back to India for short holidays and we had Engagement & Ring ceremony with lots of pictures. We were wearing toally traditional dresses and we have pictures taking blessing from many relatives. We also have pictures with exchanging Garlands. Next day, we went to government office and we got our marriage certificate signed by me,my wife,parents and a priest.

I am living in US since last 4 years now and having strong case in regards of employment/tax returns etc. I am just worried that we don't have pictures of some of the wedding ceremony - taking steps in front of fires,exchanging Mangalsutra etc.

Can this be a problem? what do you suggest ?
    In worst case scenario, can we re-apply or go back again with further proofs without any negative remarks?

Thanks in advance,

If you didn't have traditional religious wedding, you can't have all those things and that's fine.

Just ask your wife to tell the officer that you had civil marriage.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that.

Anyone else has any success in such case or any input for the same, please provide us your feedback.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X