Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to enter US on valid B1 before start of validity period of H1???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to enter US on valid B1 before start of validity period of H1???

Friends...

I need help on my USA port entry dilemma.
    I have valid B1 visa and also have H1 visa which going to get valid from 21st September 2007.

My Question -
    1. Is it possible to travel/enter in US before 21st sept. on B1 ?
    2. Would B1 remain valid once my H1 get valid ?

Looking forward for immediate help from experts..

Thanks.

You can enter using B1 but then your status will be B1 and you cannot start work using H1 unless you do one of the following.

1) Reenetr using H1

2) File for COS from b1 to H1 and wait till it gets approved 6-9 months.

Make your decision based on this. also even though the H1 allows you entry upto 10 days before start date (hence sep 21st) the employment can start only from Oct 1st.

There is only a week from now to Sep 21st what is the hurry.

Comment

Tell one thing have u ever been refused before getting business visa, and can u tell ur details like on which profile u applied for bussiness visa and wats ur age, and wats ur profile in H1 . bcos u may be sent back from port of entry, if u donot workout properly on this.

Comment

Urgent advice needed

Thanks for you time on my Query.

My current company wants to send me US on B1 ( H1 stamped through some other new company ). And travel date will be same that of 21/22 sept.

My Question,
        1) Should my B1 remain valid even if my H1 get activate by 21st sept?
        2) On port of entry is there any chance of complication if i try to enter on B1 for my current company and show readiness to re-enter again on H1?
        3) Is there any risky threat to my H1 status because of this activity?

Plzz Suggest me what should i need to do on this situation.

Option 1 - Do i need to travel on B1 for my current employer ? and then re-enter on H1 for my new employer ?

Option 2 - Enter only on H1 as its getting valid by refusing and leaving current employer for the new company.

Option 3 - ?????
        Option 4 - ?????

All expert..please help me come out of this messy situation
        Looking forward for early response from the matter experts...

Thanks,

Comment

If you enter on B1 then to go on H1 you will have to depart the country and reenter using H1. No issues there just present the right visa at the right time.

H1 does not get activated automaticaly but Sep 21st is the date after which it can be used to enter.

Think of it like a ticket which can be used only after Sep 21st but any time after that till the expiry of that stamp.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X