Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H-4 Names on Passport (Maiden name) & MArriage Certificate(Both names, before & after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 Names on Passport (Maiden name) & MArriage Certificate(Both names, before & after

Hi,

I got married recently & I am in the process of applying for H-4. My husband is currently in US with a H-1B Visa.

I have the following questions:

1) My passport has my maiden name(which is before marriage name) and my marriage certificate has both my before marriage & after marriage names mentioned on it. Do I have to apply for change of name on my passport to my after marriage name?
    2) My husband's passport does not have my name as we have got married recently. Does he have to include my name in his passport?

As per my understanding, since my marriage certificate has my before marriage(maiden) name with will not be a problem.

Request to kindly answer this question at the earliest. Your help is greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

If you are planning to keep your maiden them then no need to change the passport, but if you want to change your nam then changethe passport it will be easier to start that way then chnaging midway.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X