Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing employer for H1 visa

Hi All,

My employer is asking me to sign a bond for 2 years for a very less compensation package. Since I already paid him for my visa processing, I am not in a state to argue with him. It would be a great help for me if somebody could advice me on the following queries,

1) I am yet to take visa appointment. So is it allowed to find a different employer?

2) If I get visa to work for my current employer, is it possible to change my employer?

3) I heard from my friends that, no employer can enforce a bond. What is validity of the bond if I am forced to sigh it.

Please help me with my queries

Thanks a lot

Christy

Bond-age

My employer is asking me to sign a bond for 2 years for a very less compensation package. Since I already paid him for my visa processing, I am not in a state to argue with him. It would be a great help for me if somebody could advice me on the following queries,

1) I am yet to take visa appointment. So is it allowed to find a different employer?

---- Yes, you can. However, at teh end of the day you need to get a Visa irrespective of the company you are working for

2) If I get visa to work for my current employer, is it possible to change my employer?

---- Yes, as above

3) I heard from my friends that, no employer can enforce a bond. What is validity of the bond if I am forced to sigh it.

---- If you are gullible anything can be enforced on you. Your friends cannot do anything other than suggesting a lawyer to fight your case

Subramanya

Comment

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Thanks,
      Christy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...