H1 Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Dilemma

I am contemplating an MBA from a US B-School and hope to join in Fall 2009. At the same time, I have an employment offer from a US based company and the company is willing to file my H1B. However, I am reluctant to go ahead with this opportunity since I reckon that if my H1 is denied , I would endanger my chances of higher studies in the US in future. Reason being, I assume the visa officer would obviously ask the question during the F1 interview 'How can we be sure that you do not have immigrant intentions when you already have applied for a H1 earlier?'. I have almost decided on rejecting the job offer.

Can you please advice if my fears are genuine? I would be highly obligated if you could provide me with some advice as to whether I should go ahead with the H1 or reject the offer?

I recommend taking up the job and doing your MBA part-time on H1.In this way you can also fund your studies.Give this a thought.
    2 good things here..:
    1. Your gaining experience while working
    2. working towards your MBA at the same time.
    End of the day,you have work experience + MBA.
    All the best!
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Cheers Topcatin!!

Comment

Good luck!
        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X