Steps for H1 and H4 Stamping in Mumbai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps for H1 and H4 Stamping in Mumbai Consulate

Got my H1 and my wife's H4 stamped in March 07. Best way to get the entire process done is like this :

This is according to my experience .. only read this for an idea not an standard process ... Q & A are according to my experience .. it may vary.

Wear Formal clothes with Neck Tie. Prepare yourself well in advance for all possible questions. Take all original docs to avoid any postponing of your interview ...

My appointment was at 0900 AM Mumbai. We reached VFS Centre, Mahalaxmi at 0800 AM. Got in the queue and the process starts :

1) They check for the appointment letter and accordingly ask you to seat in the VFS Waiting Hall where the entry fee per person is 200 Rupees which includes a AC Waiting Hall, Locker (where you can keep all your luggages), Changing Room, Rest rooms, Coffee and Sandwich (CCD) and your travel-to and fro to the US Consulate in a Non AC Bus.

2) Once you reach the consulate then the first security check, where they scan you physically like the one in airport. you will have to remove belts, wallet, everything in your pocket except cash. here there is different queue for ladies and gents, the dependent has to carry the H1B Petition and passport. After this they give you piece of wood which you have to return while exitting the consulate.

3)You can reunite inside the consulate with your dependent. Then they check your petition and hand you the DS Forms alongwith your passport & one Red Badge with unique number. Then they forward you to Window 1.

4) In Window 1, you have to give your finger prints and the DS Forms alongwith Passports. The DS Forms and Passports is sent to the VO officer sitting in any of the 10+ windows. After this they will ask you to wait in the Hall for the Visa Interview.

5) In the Hall you will have to keep on hearing the Speaker for your Badge number. Then accordingly both of you can go to the respective window and wait for your turn.

6)Here is the Final Step. Keep Calm and greet the VO. Let her speak and ask for things .. concentrate on her words as the chamber is like a bank counter where you will be standing and the VO will be sitting on other side with a Glass window in between. the chamber is dark and hardly your pants will be visible to the VO.

We got this questions from the VO :
    - H4
    . Why are you going to US? Answer: To accompany my spouse
    . What you will be doing in US? Answer: Staying in House and doing household things.
    . Why havent you changed your name in passport after marriage? Answer: It's my personal choice.

- H1
    . Which city u r going? Answer: Cityname and State
    . For how long? Answer: 24 Months
    . Who is your client? Answer: Client name - xxx
    . What is your marriage date? Answer: date
    . Where is your current worklocation? Answer: Location

VO : Ok. I am issuing your Visa. Thankyou.

7) VO didnt asked for any docs. To know the status of your Passport, you can SMS after 4 in evening to 57333 - VISA US Passport no.
    You will get the time for collecting your passport in person or it will be couriered to your mailing address.

8) Take the VFS Bus back to the VFS Center, collect your belongings. Remove the formal clothes .. wear Jeans T-Shirt and nice perfume.

9) Have Fun .. Watch a movie in INOX, Nariman Point.

Thankyou IMMIHELP site and its member for all its Forum and FAQ's.

Regards.
    Last edited by Shambhu; 01-13-2010, 09:46 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X