Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is employer responsible for H4 visa extension? Check list for H4 extension

First Question:
    If a company recruits an employee who is on H1B visa status and is there a immigration law that states, its the responsibility of the employer to sponsor or take care of H4 visa extension.

Second Question:
    Even if the immimgration law doesn't really impose any law to take care of H4 visas, how does most of the company do in this case of H4 visa extensions?

Third Question:
    Can I apply for the H4 extension on my own or I need a lawyer help to do this. If I can do it on my own can someone help me to get the check list of all the documents that need to be send to USCIS and also kindly let me know what is the extension fee to be payed for USCIS.

Thanks,
    RK

1. No. It depends on the employer. Good ones take care of immigration for the entire family.

2. Depends on your agreement with the employer.

3. You can. Check the I539 form.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Friend
      You need your latest payslips,bank statements, your passport 36 pages photo copies,I-797,LCA photo copies to apply for H4. As far as I know company is responsible for the H4 visas . You need to take care of these . You amy need a letter from your employer that your workign with that company .

*** my wife has got the query for her H4 and she got the H4 now .. they have asked couple of questions like

1. when did u get marry
      2. where were you staying after your marriage
      3. How many people attended for marriage
      4. where was the marriage location
      5. Do u know ur husband before
      6. where was he working earlier in India and whats his qualification
      7.wheres he working now and whats his salary
      8.wheres he satying in US?
      9.since how long ur husband is in US ?
      10.why dont u come for stampping when ur husband came for H1?
      11.Whats ur in-laws names and where do they stay
      12. have u been to US before ?
      13.do u have any plans to work in US ?...

...Good Luck..

Comment

I think the OP was asking about an EOS while in US and your document list seems to be the one required for a visa.

For EOS you need the sponsor (H1b holder) status proof, last couple of payslips, clear passport copies of biographics and visa pages of H4 holder, bonafied marriage proof (not needed but include it), copy on unexpired I-94, fees etc, Copy of I797 approval of H1b holder.

At the minimum, you need to include everything mentioned in I539. BTW, above is not an all inclusive list but should suffice.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

What is mean by passport copies of biographics ?
          Is the Visa fee can be payed by a regular check ?
          Can h4 extension can be e-filed?

Originally posted by txh1b
          I think the OP was asking about an EOS while in US and your document list seems to be the one required for a visa.

For EOS you need the sponsor (H1b holder) status proof, last couple of payslips, clear passport copies of biographics and visa pages of H4 holder, bonafied marriage proof (not needed but include it), copy on unexpired I-94, fees etc, Copy of I797 approval of H1b holder.

At the minimum, you need to include everything mentioned in I539. BTW, above is not an all inclusive list but should suffice.

Comment

Include copies of passport pages that has identity, entry exit stamps. In a nutshell, include the pages that has anything written/stamped on the passport.

Fee can be paid by check. Efiling instructions are available at /show-form/i-539

Comment

Which is the easiest way to file efile or paper filing?

Comment

Hi,
                Thanks for the answer to my question for the documents needed to apply for H4 extension for my wife. You have mentioned bonafied marriage proof. I already have a marriage certificate what do you mean by bonafied is that the same. I already got my new approved I-797. Kindly suggest me what would be the best submit the extension paper filing or e-filing.

Thanks,
                RK

Originally posted by txh1b
                Include copies of passport pages that has identity, entry exit stamps. In a nutshell, include the pages that has anything written/stamped on the passport.

Fee can be paid by check. Efiling instructions are available at /show-form/i-539

Comment

Copy of marriage certificate would do. Fee check can be a personal check. As Efiling also requires some supporting docs to be mailed, If I were you, I would go with paper filing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X