Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - 7th year extension - Urgent help needed

Hi,
    I have my EAD valid until Nov 2008 and my H1B approval notice valid until Aug 2009. My H1B Visa stamped in the passport is expired. I am planning to go on vacation to India in couple weeks. I am going to go to US Consulate, Chennai to get my H1B Visa stamped. I am in the 7 th year of H1B. My I140 was approved. Is I140 original appoval notice and I485 original receipt notice are a mandatory document for the H1B Visa interview at US Consulate, Chennai. Can I take attested copies of them?
    Thanks
    Akil

In DS 156 - while scheduling the appointment with US Consulate, there is a question, Did any one ever filed Immigrant visa petition on your behalf? Is this Yes or No as I filed my I485 and I140 is approved.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Akil

Comment

Originally posted by akila
      In DS 156 - while scheduling the appointment with US Consulate, there is a question, Did any one ever filed Immigrant visa petition on your behalf? Is this Yes or No as I filed my I485 and I140 is approved.
      Any help is appreciated.
      Thanks
      Akil

The answer is Yes. An I-140 is an Immigrant Visa Petition for EB cases. I think copy of I-140 should be okay as the employer may not give you the original.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Then I485 original receipt notice needs to be taken. Is that correct?
        Thanks
        Akil

Comment

No one ever asks. Copies will suffice.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X