Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 question- expert advice needed

i,
    I am on L1 status but having a H1B petition. Due to my condition my H1b is portable.

Two companies have filed my H1B . Company X- with consulate processing and company Y-with COS.

If I joined company Y and later want to join company X. DO i need to go consulate stamping or X employer will inform USIC only...

I know that once my COS chnaged to H1 .My L1 is not valid anymore. Or I can visit India and re-enter on L1 to continue my L1 .

Please advice.

"Due to my condition my H1b is portable."

What do you mean by this statement?

If your h1b is approved with a COS, you HAVE TO join company Y, no ifs if you continue to live in US.

If you want to join X, X has to file for a transfer (if you joined Y) or an amendment to COS once approved before you join Y while you are still on L1 status. I am assuming a H1b start date of Oct 1st and you have approvals from both X and Y.

You can re-enter country on L1 after the COS effective date i.e Oct 1st and still remain on L1. If you enter before Oct 1st on L1, your status automatically changes to H1 again on Oct 1st.

Again, it has to go through the amendment process if you want to switch over to H1b in the future or would need a H1b stamp and entry on H1.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X