Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa - Help needed ??

Hi,

This is a bit strange that I did not find the same question put up before me anywhere ..I am a bit new in to this Immigration rules.

My case is I am going on 1 year training program to the US on H3 visa, this August.

I want to take my wife along with me. I know that she can go with me on a H4.
    Problem is that she is in a very good job in India, so she wants that she should also be able to work while in US with me for an year.

So is there any option other than she applying for an H1 ?

or in some way H4 could be converted to a visa which allows her to work ?

Since I am there for an year only so H1 does not make sense in our case.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

There is no visa category that will allow H4 dependent to work for your case. H1b visa is closed for this FY and will reopen again April 2009. If her company has a branch in US/projects in US, they could look into the possibility of L1 visa for your spouse.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Is it possible for her to go to US with me on H4, and then if she finds an employer there, can then she change from H4 to L1 being there in the US.

Can this be done ?

Comment

You need to understand what L1 means and the requirements for it from the main page of immihelp.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the pointer.

I will surely go thru it first and then pose a question if need be.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X