Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to Hi VISA

Hi All
    I am working in USA for Employer A on L1 VISA. I was selected in Lottery system and will get H1b VISA in OCT-2008 which is COS(change of status) through Employer B who is a small consultant. in the mean time I have a chance to get a permanent position in a good company which is Employer C(may be Oct 1st onwards). till now I only have I797 receipt with me.
    My questions are:-
    Is it possible that Employer C can file a H1 for me based on I797 receipt.
    or should i wait to receive my H1 b from Employer B and can work with Employer C after OCT 1st onwards.
    will there be a problem from Employer B side who filed H1 for Me. please guide me as soon as possible.
    Last edited by tanweernoor; 05-12-2008, 05:33 AM.

You should look at 10 other similar questions and threads that have been posted recently. You can transfer to C with your receipt after the H1b gets approved first. The consulting company could sue for breach of implied contract according to the attorney of a famous law firm. If that holds in court or not is a secondary issue.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

i did'nt get exactly. please elaborate

Comment

Originally posted by tanweernoor
        i did'nt get exactly. please elaborate
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}