H1B & B1 Coalition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B & B1 Coalition

My H1B got selected in the lottery, During this period I am asked to travel to
    US in B1 Visa for 2 months, Will it cause any problem for processing my H1B visa. Am I needed in presence in India to process my H1B? I ll be back on August 1st week.
    H1B & B1 Visa Travel
    0.00%
    H1B Lottery Selected & B1 Travel
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

B1 vs H1B

Hi

Travelin to the US on a B1 while H1B is approved by USCIS is no problem but it is always recommended that you apply for your first H1B stamping in your home country. Otherwise if ur dependents decide to apply for a H4 in future and u got ur 1st H1b stamped outside ur home cty they will definately be in trouble.

Not Legal Advice!

Comment

What is it about the poll?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        What is it about the poll?
        Just vote. Your vote counts !
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

OP, you are fine. Should not affect the H1 outcome.
          Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
            Just vote. Your vote counts !
            I took it seriously and voted! Had to think long which option to choose :-)

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
              I took it seriously and voted! Had to think long which option to choose :-)
              Good thing you already voted because the poll will close on 06-14-2008 at 01:26 AM.

Choices are really American.
              Check out H1 FAQs first!

Comment

No Problems

I really don't think that travelling to USA on B1/B2 has any hiccups whilst you have been nominated in Lottery for H1B Visa because you are still travelling under B1/B2 (you have to prove your intent to return back to your home country at POE). And Buddy, being successful in Lottery is a huge success but not a surety of H1B Visa....miles to go. I am going to Miami in July under B1/B2 after getting Receipt No for I -797(Lottery Success). I will inform you guys later incase if I have any problems.Having said that, let me tell you I will not have any problems because my conscious is clear as I am going there on a personal visit.
                KEEP YOUR INTENTIONS CLEAR and fear none !! Guys in USA are not fools , they have loads of experience to gauge the travellers and their intent

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X