Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

H1 approved. GC processing issue?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tadi18
    Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 22

    #1

    H1 approved. GC processing issue?

    I am currently on OPT and got my H1 approved. I am planning to apply for Greencard processing but have a concern. If I apply for GC before my H1 interview, the Visa officer might know that I have GC under processing. Will that make my Visa to be rejected on the basis of a "Potential Immigrant"?

    Please help!
  • Subramanya
    Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 2017

    #2
    Green Card Worries

    I am currently on OPT and got my H1 approved. I am planning to apply for Greencard processing but have a concern. If I apply for GC before my H1 interview, the Visa officer might know that I have GC under processing. Will that make my Visa to be rejected on the basis of a "Potential Immigrant"?

    ---- The H1 Visa is a dual intent Visa meaning that you can stay in the US and apply for a Green Card

    ---- The issue arises only at a much later stage of the GC processing. Before that you have to go thorough Labor Certification and I-140 clearance and then apply for I-485 stage

    ---- It is at the time of having applied for a I-485 that you declare that an employer has sponsored for your Green Card and not till that tme. This stage is quite a long way in the process

    ---- The H1 interview has very little to do in the sequence of events

    Subramanya

    Comment

    • tadi18
      Member
      • Apr 2008
      • 22

      #3
      Thanks for the reply!

      Comment

      {{modal[0].title}}

      X

      {{modal[0].content}}

      {{promo.content}}

      Working...