Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me. In Toronto I was asked to get my H1B stamped in India.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me. In Toronto I was asked to get my H1B stamped in India.

Hi,
    Today I went for H1B stamping in Toronto, Canada.
    I came to USA in 2004 to do masters and dropped it in 2005 and changed my status to H1B.
    Today Consulate officer asked me to go to India to get it stamped. I got stucked here(came in my own car too). I already bought a ticket to INDIA from USA.

Please let me know is there any chance that I can enter to USA as I already purchased a ticket from USA to INDIA?

Please let me know is there any chance I can go to any other consulate in Canada to get it stamped?

Please help me as I dont know any one here and don't know how many days I have to be here.

Appreciate your help.

You could try going to the border with a valid I-94 and the CBP official can choose to let you enter or deny entry to you. As per the rules, you will not be entered. You could try.

Otherwise, you have to leave from Canada directly.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b for your reply.
      Is it possible for me to go any other US Consulates in Canada?

Comment

Do you have an appointment? If so, you can try again. But the VO will ask for the reason for rejection in Toronto. Were you ever out of status as a student? Yous incomplete MS might be the reason for such a rejection.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b for your prompt reply again.

I don't have any appointment as of now.
          The main reason for my rejection is what you said.
          But she didn't say rejected anywhere. She just stamped "Rejected without Prejudice" on my F1 Visa stamp as I'm no longer in F1 status.

She checked the opting OTHER and wrote on a red coloured paper that "you have to visit your home country in order to get stamped as we can't judge your qualification".

I told her that I have US Education Evaluation report. She said "I am not even interested to look into it".

Thanks once again for your prompt reply.

Comment

Basically, you got the rejection due to your degree that is not verifiable. For people with no US education, there is always this risk in a third country stamping. This is even written on the appointment letter from NVARs. You may have to go back directly as the other consulate will also likely reject it.

US evaluation of the degree has got nothing to do though.

Comment

Thanks txh1b for your help.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

Please let me know if you have any idea on getting H1b visa stamped at BAHAMAS.

Appreciate your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X