Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to H1B Status

Hi,

I am Currently in India and i got my H1b approved in june 2008. I want to go for F2 visa in july from Channai consulate as i want to come to USA asap and want to avoid the risk of H1B visa rejection.

Please tell me if i can work from Oct -2008 or later. Are there any risks involved if I do change of status from F2 to H1B.

Thanks
    Deepthi

Originally posted by deeepthich
    Hi,

I am Currently in India and i got my H1b approved in june 2008. I want to go for F2 visa in july from Channai consulate as i want to come to USA asap and want to avoid the risk of H1B visa rejection.

Please tell me if i can work from Oct -2008 or later. Are there any risks involved if I do change of status from F2 to H1B.

Thanks
    Deepthi

I where you, would have gone for direct H1B visa stamping instead of going for F2. As you said, you will be changing your status from F2 to H1b and if you travel then you must need to get your visa stamped before you re-enter in the USA. So, why not H1 this time.

Comment

My backgroud is sciences. To to avoid risk of H1b rejection in India I am planning a workaround. Are there any risks when i go for change of status here in USA.
      Thanks for your reply

Comment

Science background is not a basis of rejection. Either way is fine, there is risk involved in both the ways you are suggesting, and both are valid ways of doing it.

Comment

You will not be able to work until you receive approval for COS. The processing time is such that you will not be able to work on Oct. 1. A COS is not guaranteed; you could easily get an RFE. An F2 visa is not guaranteed.

At some point you will likely need H1B stamping. You should not be concerned if you are qualified for the position and the employer is not a fraud. If either is the case, you will have problems at a later date.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X