Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving US, want to maintain I485 filing status

Hello:
    I am currently on EAD (waiting for date to become current) and have a H1B valid till 2011. I am evaluating an opportunity to move to India to start my own business. Even though I am in the last stage of the green card (EB2, priority date Aug 2006), I reckon it will take at least 2 years to get the green card.

What is the best way to safe guard valid status in the US, yet move to India? Can I try asking for unpaid leave from my employer (big MNC) for a few months, move to India and get back to the US?

Or move to a contracting company to have my H1B valid, and do part time contracting in the US while spending other time in India.

Or any way of floating own company (guess I cannot work for it), so not sure how I can do this.

Wondering if there are folks who have done this or found details on doing this. I do have my own home in the US, not sure if this helps in anyway.

Regards
    Srihari

You should change it to CP than AoS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

what is CP? What is the process to do this and any impact in the short term?

Comment

Some homework would help.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X