Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B to H1 transfer- On H1 can i work for old company for some time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1 transfer- On H1 can i work for old company for some time?

Hi,
    I need an urgent help.
    I am weoking for a company A on L1 visa.
    I am going to india for H1 Stamping (thru Company B) next week.

Once i get H1 , is my L1B going to be deleated ?

I will come to US on H1 Visa (for Company B), Company B will conduct I/W for their clients, Meanwhile Can i continue work for Company A till the time my job is getting confirmed for company B ?

Please Suggest

Ram

L1 and H1 Dilemma

I am weoking for a company A on L1 visa.
    I am going to india for H1 Stamping (thru Company B) next week.

Once i get H1 , is my L1B going to be deleated ?

I will come to US on H1 Visa (for Company B), Company B will conduct I/W for their clients, Meanwhile Can i continue work for Company A till the time my job is getting confirmed for company B ?

----= Once you get a H1 Visa and enter US on H1, your I-94 will be for H1 only. Your status in US will be H1. Your L1 will not be deleted or cancelled (under normal circumstances)

----- Once in the US on H1 you have to work for company B (wjo sponsored your H1) irrespective of whether they hae clients, projects etc. and they have to pay you.

---- If you want to work for company A on L1 then you have to seek a COS (H1 to L1) to that company and only then you can work.

---- In essence, you can only work for one comapny at a time, although you can hold H1 and L1 at the same time

Subramanya

Comment

The reply was good !!!
      Could he do "leap frog" to retain his L1 visa status after Oct 01 ? Do the POE Immi offcers create problems if one does "Leap Frog" ?

This will help him work for the company who gave him L1 Visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X