L1 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1

I am now in US working for Company A on L1 Blanket Visa. This year Company B filed a NEW H1(not Change of Status) for me and it got picked up in the lottery.My L1 and I94 will expire in March 2009. I have couple of questions:
    1. I have a planned one month India vacation in october from company A. Can I go to India and comeback on my L1 with out getting H1 stamped. Will there be any issues?
    2. My plan is to quit Company A after I come back from vacation(perhaps in December or January), join company B(without getting H1 stamped) and get my H1 stamped in March 2009 from Canada or Mexico. Is this valid or any issues?

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Read the forum. You will find answers very easily as these are answered at least once every day.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You can do That(TxtH & others Plzz correct if I am wrong

As you have applied as CP not COS you can join another company any time.
      You can also go for planned vacation... later on either you can apply COS or you can go out of USA for H1B Stamping..

Enjoy...

Comment

Thanks a lot for your replies...I really appreciate it...I heard from few people like fresh H1's(not COS) will be rejected in Canada and we should go to home country for fresh H1 stamping...so I just wanted to know on that...thanks..

Comment

That risk always exists with any third country stamping.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X