Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hi
    It is more than a month since I landed in the USA on H1 visa as Software
    consultant. I have not yet been staffed into any project and my employer
    will not pay me unless I get staffed. In the mean time, I have received
    an offer from a different company that will sponsor H1 but will not take
    me as a consultant. I am hearing that to transfer H1 to this company, I
    need to produce 2 pay stubs. How can I deal with this situation?

Paddy Sundaram
    ([email protected])

employer

you can request your employer to run the paystubs for you and ask him to charge you the cost.

You will defintiely need paystubs for H1 transfer.

Good luck!

Comment

meetmeatohio's advice is fraud. Do NOT do this. If you do, you will be committing an illegal act!

You will need to have the new employer file a new petition not under cap and wait for the approval notice to begin work. You may have to exit and re-enter the US with the new approval notice if you do not receive an I94 for the new employer

Comment

You should also report your current employer to the DOL and seek your missing wages. This supports your case for future immigration since you are reporting an illegal act on the part of your current employer.

Comment

An employer has to pay its employees eventhough they do not have projects. It is illegal to not to pay the employees while they are bench.

Please file a complain against such employers as soon as possible. These employers just think of troubling others by not giving its employees proper salary / benefits.

I think there is a WH4 form in this website. Please fill it up and complain.

Comment

Originally posted by meetmeatohio
            you can request your employer to run the paystubs for you and ask him to charge you the cost.

You will defintiely need paystubs for H1 transfer.

Good luck!
            Except that one could be put in jail for such fraud and deported.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X