Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B-L1B at same time - Please advise me

Hi,

Currently I'm in L1B individual Visa. My Visa will be expiring on September 30th. My current is ready to process my Visa extension. In the mean time I had applied for 2008 H1B Visa. This week I got communication from my consultant that my application has got selected in the lottery process and they received RFE for my application. The problem here is, If I don't process my L1B from my current company then I need to leave US before next month end. I'm not sure about the chances of H1B clearing the RFE process. Would it be a problem if I apply for L1B extension during H1B process. Would it affect my H1B process? Please advice me.

Plenty of posts on this subject. Look at the forum. If L1 extension is filed, you can remain in US and last action rule comes into picture.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Apply for L1B extn. Stay in US. You can work with your H1B employer to clear RFE.
      Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk :-)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X