Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company not sending Documents for H1B Interview

Hi All,
    The company that filed for my h1b is not sending me any documents for the interview. What can be my options if I want to transfer the h1b to another company. I have been told i would need a COPY of the H1B Approval from the existing company. Can I do without that . All i know is my Application number for the H1B filing.

Please Please advice
    Thanks
    h1bb88

H1 applications

The company that filed for my h1b is not sending me any documents for the interview. What can be my options if I want to transfer the h1b to another company. I have been told i would need a COPY of the H1B Approval from the existing company. Can I do without that . All i know is my Application number for the H1B filing.

---- The xcompany might not have received any approval notice. The application number for H1B filing may not even belong to you.

---- If the company is genuine and it has applied for H1 on your name then you should receive all the documents. The only way is talk to your company or their attorney if you know thier contact details

---- There is not much that can be cone about the matter unless you have more details about the company and their dealings

Subramanya

Comment

They have the documents as they were keen that i file for the interview but when they saw the approval they had filed for me as a programmer analyst while my role is that of a business analyst and presales/sales support.

Now i think they feel the interview may not go well and it may reflect on their company so they are not doing anything.

I want to now approach another company and have them file for me as a Sales Engineer or BA

Do Advice
      H1b88

Comment

They have the documents as they were keen that i file for the interview but when they saw the approval they had filed for me as a programmer analyst while my role is that of a business analyst and presales/sales support.

Now i think they feel the interview may not go well and it may reflect on their company so they are not doing anything.

I want to now approach another company and have them file for me as a Sales Engineer or BA

---- When you have not seen teh documents how do you say that they have applied for a certain position and later the H1 was approved for a different position. When you signed the application for which position did you sign. Do you remember. That will be the position that the H1 will be approved for.

---- Now if you want to change companies and positions, you have to justify your previous employment as relating to the present one. Of course you do need the documents from the previous employer, but an experienced attorney should be able to advise you bettere in these matters. Contact one immediately

Subramanya

Comment

Company not sending documents for H1B

Hi h1bb8,

I am also in a similar situation as you were in 2008. I have got approval on USCIS web site and my employer also sent me I797 notice soft copy but he is not sending me the documents with which I can go for stamping.

I am a programmer and has valid qualification so there are no confusion between me and my employer but don't know why they are giving different excuses every time I request for the documents. They are not rude either and keep giving me different dates when I would receive document.

Requesting you to share your experience so that I get some understanding of what to do next.

Thanks.

Comment

Approval notice soft copy is sufficient for claiming cap-exemption for the new employer to file a petition for you.

Of course the employer is not obligated in any way to send you the documents and ask you to apply for Visa or travel to the US. In case of consulting companies they will only call you if they have a project waiting for you because otherwise they will have to pay you on bench.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X