Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Transfer

Hi:
    Till this time, I was on H4 visa. This year I filled h1b visa, and just I got H1 approval. But still I didn't get any documents and in december I am travelling to India. By that time, I will be getting my h1b documents. But by that time, I will be not getting at least 2 pay stubs. While filing h1b, I have clearly mentioned that till this time, I was on dependant visa [h4 visa] in USA.

So, my confusion is, do I need to wait for at least 2-3 pay stubs and then go for India and get the H1b stamp or shall I go without pay stubs and can go for fresh h4 to h1b transfer?

Please advice me.

-AK

First Question: Was it a COS (Change of Status)? If so, you are already on H1b and need to be working and getting paid. No exceptions.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks in advance...

Hi:
      Thanks for the reply.
      Here, I have changed my status from h4 to h1. I am still in USA. But to attend some social function, I am visiting india on december 1st week. So, I don't think that by that time, I will be getting my SSN. And if I am getting SSN then also, I am not expecting 2-3 paystubs. So, without those things, can I go to India, and instead of h4 renewal, shall I go to consulate office and get H1 stamped? Or without paystubs, I will get rejection?

-AK

Originally posted by txh1b
      First Question: Was it a COS (Change of Status)? If so, you are already on H1b and need to be working and getting paid. No exceptions.

Comment

SSN has got nothing to do with employment or the pay. A good HR can handle a paycheck with proof of SSN application. I-9 requirment does not have SSN listed for employment eligibility verification.

You are part of the Consulting companies benching people I guess. The law requires you to get paid all the time or brace yourself for more problems.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X