Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1, H4 - Queries

Hi,

Can anyone please provide any kind of thoughts or suggestion to my situation:

I was with H1B with company A for more than 3 years and during this time I also got married and my wife was on H4 with the same company (Company A). My wife was selected in the lottery for 2008-09 and her H1 started from Oct. During Aug, I changed to company B and I got a new H1B visa and my wife got H4 visa with my company too. So during Oct she had 2 petition, one was H4 from company B and other was H1 from her company. She got a visa but then her company didn’t have any project for her and they said if she wont get projects within 2 months probably we(company) have to revoke her H1.
    So now will it be possible for her to revoke her H1 and continue on H4 with my new company B?
    Also, can I apply for her social sec ? Or will it not be a good idea to apply for Social Sec as she is on H1 but without any pay stubs?

Can any one please let me know the best thing I can do? She is looking for projects but since the market condition is bad she is not getting one…prob next year she is planning to go for grad school but in the mean time will it be good for her to be on H4?

Thanks in Advance

Sachin

Read the FAQs as well. Applying for SSN or not has got nothing to do with kicking off the H1b status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1, H4 Queries

Thanks for the reply..

So can my wife be on H4?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sachinjn
        Thanks for the reply..

So can my wife be on H4?
        Is that what you understood from your reading? If so, you completely missed the point. She is on H1b and needs to be working.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X