Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remainder option in H1b

Hi,

I have H1B stamped already from an "employer A". I didn't travel to US even once. My visa has got the validity period from June 2007 to Sep'2009.

My Questions:
    If I go to US in january 2009, Can I claim for the months, (ie. from June 007 to Dec 2008) which i did not use, according to the remainder option?

As market situation is not good, I keep postponing my travel.
    1. Will I have any problem in renewal of my H1b visa?
    2. What kind of problem I may have in port of entry?
    3. Could you tell me about I94 and it's validity with respect to my visa's validity?

1. No
    2. Prove that the job exists with your employer for the delay. A new offer letter would be needed.
    3. Visa is just an entry pass. Once you enter US, the date of I-94 is what matters. Generally, I-94 date matches the visa or petition dates for H1b. That can be extended when it nears expiration or 6 months prior on a H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Regarding Remainder Option

Thanks for your reply.

I want to know about the remainder option in H1b and whether i can use it in my case.. Becuase I did not enter US even once.

Could you advice me more on this ?

Comment

Yes.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X