Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BL1 & H1B Questions

Hi

I have a valid BL1 petition till mid Jan - 09 and approved H1B petition till Sep-2011. Currently I'm in US on BL1 visa.

My questions:
    1. Should I file for my extension of BL1 or
    2. Should I get my H1B stamped in Canada using visitor visa for Canada?

Thank You!

Currently you are in US and you donno what the category of your visa is!!!

Great! it is L1B not BL1. If the H1b is a COS, you are already on H1b and out of your BL1 status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank You for your response.

My company didn't file the change of status, H1B was new petition request.
      Can I still file the COS?

If not, I will file for my L1B extension (which my employer wants to do) and stamp the H1B only if the extension is denied.

Please advise.

Thank You!

Comment

Only after approval can it be amended to COS. Talk to your employer about L1 extension.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1B & H1B Questions

Is it necessary that passport needs to be valid for minimum one year for L1 extension?

Thank You

Comment

Request you to comment on passport expiry, Is it Ok if my passport getting expired in eight months while applying extension, or do I need to apply new passport before extension.

Thank you!

Comment

PP can be renewed up to 1 year before expiry. Renew it if you can. For extension, it does not matter but for entry, it does as I-94 is issued till DOE of passport by many CBP officers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X