Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I129 Approved 2 year back but Visa not stamped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I129 Approved 2 year back but Visa not stamped?

Hi All,

I do have very little knowledge of laws for H1, L1. Please bear some silly questions if I am asking.

I came to US June 2008 on L1 with "Company A". My previous company lets say "Company B" filled H1 for me in year 2006 and that time the H1 petition (I129) got approved, but I left company before going for visa stamping.

As I am now in US on L1 and L1 does not allow you to change job to different company -

1. Is it still possible for me to get the H1 Visa stamped against same I129 application?
    2. If Yes, Does it has be to through same employer "Company B" who originally filled h1 petition or It could be done through some other employer also.

Thanks
    Last edited by pkum2008; 12-23-2008, 08:33 PM. Reason: Title updated

Do you have a copy of H1b approval? Read the FAQs and that will give you some basics.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for refering me to faqs .. found that informative and got one question/answer that reflect my situation.

I do have some further questions ..

1 - answer refer to some I797 what is that?
      2 - I do not have paper with me. but if I could arrange (50-50 chances of that) from company b (who filled H1), how should I progress with it?
      3 - As I am currently in US, Do I have to go out of US in order to get H1 visa stamped on my passport

Thanks
      Pradeep Kumar

Comment

I797 is the approval for the H1b which proves you have a H1b to USCIS and you were cap counted. Any benefit being sought by an alien, the burden of proof lies in their hands to prove they qualify for the benefit.

If you have the receipt number for your H1b case, it may work.

You could tranfer to H1b while in US or get a visa stamp. Both are possible. Again, you need to do some reading and spend more time on the forum reading some posts to understand the basics.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X