Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa

Hi,

I have valid H1B visa along with H4 (dependent) which i got in Jan 2008.
    But till date I have not decided to go to US as I already have good IT job in India.(around 80 to 90K INR saving/pm). Consultant keeps calling me to fly to US who has process my H1 case.

I would like some practical advice for future. How worth it would be to leave job in coming few months to go US for better opportunity.

Thanks

Your position is very good if you are saving 80-90k INR per month. Given the economy, do not attempt to resign from such a good job and land up here with a shady consultant that will rip you and your career off.

They will risk your status, your family and your career with the sole interest of making a few $$$$. Stay away and try to find a good FT employer if you can and transfer your H1b to them. These consulting companies (most of them) are scumbags.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks Dude for your valuable advise..appreciate your time.

Regards.

Comment

NP. Good luck and don't fall prey.

No dude/sir business here please.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

This is good piece of info.
          I'm new to the forum. This is a great forum. I was going through the quries about L1, H1, COS, consultant, DOL issues, fraud, travel etc.

I came to know a lot many things. Infact, I had some doubts that are almost clear but have the following questions:

1) I'm in the US now working on L1B visa. I came to the US in April 2007 on L1B visa. I got H1 filed with COS from L1 to H1.
          My name got picked up in the lottery and my H1 was sent to the Vermont Service center for processing. Till now my H1 is not approved. Not sure why.
          I'm working on L1. I travelled to my home country when H1 processing was pending. I came back on L1B. My L1B I94 is valid till Jan 2010.
          Can I remain on L1B status till Jan 2010 even if my H1 is approved any time from now ?

2) In this forum there were some questions about delay in H1 approvals. TxH1B metioned that it could possibly be due to a shady reputation of the employer. Is this true? Are there any other reason ?

3) If my H1 is approved, can the employer force me to join his org ?

4) Can I transfer my H1 (if approved) to some other employer, if I do not have my H1 petition papers ? I have a copy of I797C form that shows receipt number, my name and employers name. Is this enough ?

5) What are the results of not joining the H1 employer who applied for H1.

I agree, I have made a mistake by paying for my H1
          I came to know that this is illegal. Is this scene can the H1 employer create any problems for me ?

Please answer my questions. Appreciate your time and patience.

Thank you.

Comment

Can someone answer my questions asked on 12-24-2008, 10:42 AM ?

Thank you.

Comment

Too long and hijacked thread ...

Comment

Originally posted by saaj
                Can someone answer my questions asked on 12-24-2008, 10:42 AM ?

Thank you.
                What do you expect? People are standing by 24/7 to answer? Be patient.

1. Yes
                2. Could be any number of reasons including security check, name check on the individual.
                3. What sort of a question is this? No one will tie you up and ask you to work. They can sue if they sponsored your visa as you promised them you will join.
                4. Possible.
                5. Decent/reputed Employer will revoke the H1. Shady ones keep pestering you to join.

Comment

Thank you so much !
                  Sorry for being impatient !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X