X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport expiring and visa extension

Hello Seniors,

I'm an Indian and hold Indian passport.
    Just now I came to know that my L1B Visa got extended . I can work till June 2010 in the US.
    I have a question.

1) My passport expires on Oct 5 2009. Where should I apply for a new / renew passport ?

2) If I get my new / reneow passport, then what about the current L1B visa that is stamped on my passport ? Do I need to do something ?

3) I did not get my petition papers yet. Will I get a new I94 with the petition that will have date till June 2010 ?

4) I know if I go out of the US, I need to get my Visa stamped in order to enter the US. I'm planning to go to India in June 2009. I heard that Visa is not stamped if the passport validity is less than 6 months. What should I do for getting the visa stamped ?

Thank you all in advance

Hi,

(1) You can get ur Passport renewed in the Indian Consulate in US .Check which Indian Consulate falls in ur jurisdiction.
    It is better to get it done in US as it is fast (max 4 weeks)

(2) You don;t have to do anything with ur already stamped L1 Visa. Once ur passport is renewed - just keep both the passports together . Whereever u go -keep both of them together

(3) Yes - you should get ur New I-94 also with the extension papers . Staple it in ur passport.
    Don;t send it to Indian Consulate when u send ur passport for renewal.New I-94 should always be with u.

(4) Same as 1 . Get ur passport renewed here in US before going to India

Thanks,
    Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X