No announcement yet.

Going for H4 visa after filing for H1B.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for H4 visa after filing for H1B.

Hi,

I am in US on my valid H1B. My would-be wife is in India. My plan is to file a H1B for her in April. In May she will go for H4 visa. Will there be any problem in getting H4 visa as she filed H1B already?

Is there a way i can do this?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Krishna

You should be fine. There won't be any issues. You can proceed.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. In this case, are there any set of steps to follow for applying for either H1B or H4?

Thanks,
      Krishna

Comment

No, follow http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...m/usa-h1-visa/

Read this forum for similar queries/experiences.

Comment

Krishna,

What did you finally decide on your issue ? Did you find any other issue or information to this regard,

Thanks

BB

Comment

any info !!

Comment

H4 stamping for my wife in India while I am transfering my H1

All,

Appreciate if anyone can give me clarity on my below situation.

I am currently on H1B (visa valid till Aug 2012 end) with company A, and have applied for transfer of H1 with company B. Got an RFE for which company B will be filing the response
              by April 1st week.

Meanwhile I want to send papers for my wife from company A and get her visa stamped on company A's papers. And once my H1 is transfered to company B, i would like them to come to US.

Will the above scenario be ok and can they enter US on the same visa(company A)
              after my H1 is transferred to company B. or will they have any problem at port of entry.
              Please advise on how to go about it.

thank you

Comment

No issues. They can enter U.S on any valid H4 visa as long as they carry your approval notice (I-797) that is associated to the employer with whom you will be working as of the day of their arrival.

Originally posted by sria40 View Post
                All,

Appreciate if anyone can give me clarity on my below situation.

I am currently on H1B (visa valid till Aug 2012 end) with company A, and have applied for transfer of H1 with company B. Got an RFE for which company B will be filing the response
                by April 1st week.

Meanwhile I want to send papers for my wife from company A and get her visa stamped on company A's papers. And once my H1 is transfered to company B, i would like them to come to US.

Will the above scenario be ok and can they enter US on the same visa(company A)
                after my H1 is transferred to company B. or will they have any problem at port of entry.
                Please advise on how to go about it.

thank you
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X